Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bathing Suit

So, bathing suit season is upon us again! Like it or not, ready or not, it is here! I have been on a serious hunt for a new bathing suit this year. I am having absolutely ZERO luck. So, I have decided to take the plunge and make one myself! My order arrived yesterday from spandexworld.com yesterday! Woop woop! So now I just have to turn these amazing fabrics into something suitable for the beach. Fingers crossed!!!
These are a selection of suits from one of my new favorite "webwindow" shopping sites Shabby Apple. Haven't heard of it, give it some time. Not to mention one of my favorite blogs is giving your choice of shabby apple suits away if you link to her blog. If I am lucky enough to win, I will be promptly ordering the blue suit in the lower left. Yummy, I even want the glasses and the glamorous beauty mark! Click on the link at the bottom of the page for more information.


This is a suit from JCrew that I am going to somewhat attempt to copy. Love the little ruffles. I have had the same old halter style suit for too many years to count, so this year I am going to make the ties cross over the shoulders to the back and tie in the middle. Nothing around my neck this year!

This beautiful fuchsia floral will be the body of the tankini.

This fuchsia star pattern will be made into the bikini bottoms.

This amazing teal dot will be the ruffles and ties on the tankini. I have not had any luck making suits in the past...but my serger is newly serviced and I am ready to go! So, wish me luck. More to come.


0 comments:

Post a Comment