Saturday, March 5, 2011

Daisy Head Mayzie


Today was Dr. Seuss day at the Delmarva Discovery Center (love that place). Costumes were encouraged...enough said! So we looked at some books and M decided Daisy Head Mayzie was for her. So last night when I looked the date up online and discovered Dr. Seuss Day was today (yikes) I just used stuff I had on hand.

So this is by far not my best work, still adorable none the less. The dress is made out of a sheet, that I am not even sure where it came from, that we dyed pink.

I just used a shirt of M's as a guide and made a gathered skirt with a simple bodice and exaggerated sleeves with scalloped trim. Zipper up the back and large white sash tied into a bow and done!


Hardly any other kids dressed up, but that didn't bother her a bit. She was so into this! I love it.


She was a little upset that she didn't have pink shoes like in the book, but in the end she got over it. She wore that daisy like a crown! Fun!


0 comments:

Post a Comment